The following is our typical estate sale process:
1. Vintage Harvest will first meet with the client/s at the sale site. The consultation will provide an estimate of values for a few items along with a gross estimate of what the sale may realize.
2. Deborah, the sale manager, will do a walk through and discuss the sale procedures. If all terms are agreeable, a sale contract will be presented to clarify the terms of the sale. We do not purchase estates.
3. Set up of a sale usually takes 1-2 weeks. This may vary based on the size of the sale. Our sales are usually conducted over a 2 day period. For extra large sales, 3 days or 2 weekends may be required. We provide all the supplies needed to set up the sale. An experienced, hard working staff will assist with the set up the sale and we also provide an experienced security staff for the days of the sale. Each item is carefully priced (using tags), professionally displayed and items over $50 are inventoried.
4. Advertising is placed on popular sites and a local paper for shoppers. We have an extensive email list for customers. Photos of the items are used.
5. A private sale may be provided upon request for family members prior to the public sale.
6. Areas used for the sale are left broom clean upon completion of the sale. Unsold items are disposed of at clients direction or may be donated to charity.
7. Prompt payment will be sent to the client within 2 weeks after the sale with copy of receipts and sales summary.
Our fees are based on the gross proceeds. We work on a commission basis. The commission includes set up, pricing, advertising, staffing, supplies and leaving the sale areas broom clean.
Extra costs not included in the commission:
As we set up the sale, we sort items, clean and organize as part of the commission. If the sale has an area such as a shed, basement or garage that has more non-salable items then saleable , a reasonable fee may be applied to clean out those areas. The fee for the clean up of areas such as described is quoted at the consultation.
Dumpster and Appliance Fees
If the sale needs to be moved to an alternative site for reasons such as apartment or condo restrictions, undesirable or hard to reach location or a quick house closing. All moving costs and facility rental (if applied) would be billed and subtracted from the proceeds. Sometimes we can combine sales at another location to avoid renting a facility.
Not all sale companies are alike. We invite you to visit one of our sales to see how we present and conduct our sales.
We do all the work and handle all of the details for you.
Vintage Harvest is fully insured and bonded..
We accept Cash, checks and Credit Cards at our sales.
Areas we serve are Dane, Jefferson, Columbia counties.
Other counties are considered for sales of importance or
consisting of certain value.
* New Service offered as an alternative.
In the event that the client does not have enough
for us to conduct a sale, Vintage Harvest offers a service
to assist in pricing and consult for the client
to hold their own sale.
An hourly fee is charged.
If there are items of importance but not enough for a sale, we may recommend consigning to our online auction service.